Face Scrub

ST. IVES NATURALLY CLEAR GREEN TEA SCRUB | REVIEW

3:00 pm

Hi Petals,

St. Ives is a company whose products I have been using since high school. I had broke away from their skincare range only to rekindle the love between us earlier this year after my face went crazy and I needed something that was gentle on my skin but done got the job done, and that's where St. Ives comes in. I used to be a religious user of the St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub for Blemish and Blackhead Control but I could not get my hands on it when I needed it and picked up the St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub.

St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub available at Priceline
St. Ives' Natural Philosophy states:
"St. Ives believes nature has the power to soothe, heal, awaken and energize. Above all, we respect the natural world as a vibrant source of energy and life and are just as committed to bring you its power as we are to preserving it's vitality."

Packaging

St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub comes in a standardised package with a pop lid and a squeeze container - something I definitely appreciate for bathroom products -. The packaging is made of soft, supple material and regardless of the fact I have dropped it numerous times, it has since failed to crack.

What it Claims to Do

"Helps clear breakouts and soothes skin. A Blemish-fighting solution with 100% Natural Green Tea."

"This dermatologist-tested scrub can actually help to clear and soothe your skin as well as help reduce redness. An active blemish-fighting ingredient fights the flare-ups, while 100% natural exfoliants encourage healthier, clearer skin."

Ingredients

100% Soothing Green Tea (key ingredient). Rich in vitamin C and E which aids in the reduction of facial redness - an issue I feel super self conscious about -. It is also known to soothe the skin and combined with it's antioxidant properties it can help protect against environmental factors known to age the skin.
1% Salicylic Acid to help with any acne related problems
Oil free,
Hypoallergenic (meaning it is highly unlikely to cause an allergic reaction),
Non-comedogenic (meaning it will not clog your pores), and
Dermatologist tested.

Application & Texture

This product is meant to be applied to an already wet face. It is of a gritty texture but it is not overly abrasive when applied to the face. It applies super easy and lathers slightly when rubbed in circular motions over the face. I do enjoy that this product doesn't feel like I have taken sandpaper to my face, however a little bit more abrasion would be nice. I have super sensitive skin and I don't find this product to be too harsh and I do feel like it is cleaning my face.

The scrub is fairly thick and grainy, however it is not chunky and abrasive. It seems to be just a perfect mix for my sensitive skin. I feel that the consistency of the product is comfortable and not too abrasive to apply and really work into my skin.

Price & Where to Buy

This product retails for $9.99 at my local Priceline.

Verdict

I use this product on a daily basis as part of my morning skincare routine and I do really enjoy using it. I feel much more awake after gently scrubbing the night-time oils and any residue from my pillows off my face. It does make my face feel super fresh and awake after I use it but in saying this I do not feel it makes a great difference to my skin in terms of any spots or blemishes that decided to pay a visit.

I am a huge fan of St. Ives products - as previously stated - and have been using their products for numerous years now. I do not find their products irritate my skin, which is really important as my skin can be super sensitive.

I will definitely be re-purchasing from the St. Ives range but possibly a different product. 

Do you want to see a Morning Skincare Routine Post? What St. Ives products have you tested? Let me know in the comments below!








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook