Beauty

WHY USE A FACE MASK | TIP TUESDAY #6

3:00 pm

Hi Petals,


Today I wanted to let you in on why we use face masks. I have been doing some research over the week for you so I could give you all truly factual information. So here goes ...

 Face masks help penetrate deep into the skin pulling out bacteria, unclogging pores, detoxifying, and hydrating the skin. Basic cleansing only removes surface dirt and bacteria. By unclogging your pores you are essentially allowing any products applied after your mask - toner, moisturiser etc. - to really penetrate the skin and work to the best of their ability. Masks also leave your skin feeling softer and smoother.
Picture thanks to Acne Helper Dot Org

When Should You Use a Face Mask?

Pop on your favourite face mask after cleansing and before toning. I personally use a face mask 1 - 2 times per week. I love how clean my face feels after removing a mask but I don't want to use them so much that they strip all of my natural and necessary oils. The overuse of a facial mask can make your skin produce more oils to compensate for the mask stripping us of our necessary oils making your face look like a hot mess

What Kind of Mask Should I Use?

Now I completely understand that when you aren't sure of what you want face masks can be super daunting - I've been there -, there are just so many different masks and making the right decision for you isn't always easy. So let me try and help you.
The first thing you need to do is determine your skin type, oily, sensitive, acne prone etc. I have a wee list for you to help you then determine a mask suitable to your skin type.
Dry & Sensitive - Go for a Hydrating Mask  and try a cream mask rather than a clay mask. Applying a cream mask will help add some moisture back into your skin. Try an egg-yolk and honey face mask.
Acne-Prone - Use a facial oil as your mask. If you are aiming to deep clean your pores use a clay or gel mask first. When the skin produces too much sebum acne can arise. By using an oil it will counteract the oil secretion of the skin. If you dry out your skin too much the face will produce excess oils, which is not what you want!!
Oily - Opt for an exfoliating or a clay mask.  If using a clay mask you may find it dries out your face a bit, so follow on with a hydrating mask of some sort.
Combination Skin - As combination skin is has different skin types you need to address each skin concern separately. If your T-zone is oily, apply a clay mask. If your cheeks are dry apply a hydrating mask and so on. 

What kind of masks do you swear by? Would you like to see a post on different face masks you can make at home? Let me know in the comments below?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook