Book Review

Dinner With a Vampire by Abigail Gibbs | Book Review

10:00 am

"P.S. Murderers kill for pleasure.
Vampires kill to survive."
- Abigail Gibbs



Dinner With a Vampire 
Series: The Dark Heroine #1
Author: Abigail Gibbs
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Harper Voyager
Pages: 549
Rating: ★★★★☆


I absolutely adored Dinner With a Vampire, book number one in the trilogy by, London author, Abigail Gibbs.  From the very beginning I was completely immersed in the world of Violet Lee and Kaspar Varn.  Throughout 17-year-old Violet's action packed journey I was captivated.  From being kidnapped in Trafalgar square, to being held hostage at Varnley, a lavish mansion hidden from society, by a vampiric Royal family, to then be told you have only two options; become a vampire or die at the hands of your captors. The story of Violet Lee and Kasper Varn completely beguiled me.

A sexy and dark paranormal romance that had a bit of everything; politics, deception, secrets, lies and never-ending drama.  The story-line was well written and I found myself not being able to put it down.  I devoured this novel in a little under three days and I am highly anticipating reading Autumn Rose, the second book in the trilogy. 

Talk about cliff-hanger ...  I was devastated that I did not have Autumn Rose on my bookshelf to continue on with Violet's story right there and then.  Gibbs has a beautiful way of writing that allows for an easy read but she still manages to completely engross you in the story-line.

I am a sucker for vampire books so when I picked this novel up I was looking forward to a good read and Gibbs most certainly did not disappoint.  The protagonists were amazing and I found myself loving both of them equally.  The love hate relationship they had going on was evident from the moment they first met and I loved watching their relationship develop and grow.  I was cheering them on from the very start, the chemistry was undeniable and I loved watching their story unfold. 

Personally, there is just something magical about vampire based story-lines that entice and captivate me and Dinner With a Vampire was no different.  Violet with her quick wit, stubbornness and her say it how it is attitude alongside Kaspar's bad boy attitude eventually opening up and showing his softer side made for a very interest pair needless to say, a pair you couldn't  help but fall in love with.

"Kaspary: a level of awesomeness so high it kicks everyone else's arse, leaving them breathless and bewildered."

Many people had said to expect a similar story to Twilight, sorry but I most definitely disagree.  This was nothing Ike Twilight.  The only similarities, well for me anyway, was the fact that both novels contained vampires but that was that.  

I had no expectations when I picked up Dinner With a Vampire I just wanted to sit down with a book and get lost between the pages.  This is a book I would recommend to anyone who, like myself, enjoys a bit of paranormal romance. 

SHOP THE POST 
- Dinner With a Vampire (The Dark Heroine #1) by Abigail Gibbs
- Autumn Rose (The Dark Heroine #2) by Abigail Gibbs



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook