Beauty Favourites

NOVEMBER FAVOURITES 2013 | MONTHLY FAVOURITES

3:00 pm

Hi Petals,


I cannot believe we are now officially a few days into December. This year has flown by, but I have definitely loved every minute of it.
However, seeing as it's now a new month, it's time for me to let you in on my monthly favourites. I love reading and watching these - don't think my purse likes it though haha -, it allows me to hear of new products to try, and being the product junkie that I am, well, need I say more.

Priceline $24.00 on sale. Originally $32.00
I only purchased this product a few weeks ago and I have nothing but good things to say. I bought it after hearing MissTango2 rave about it in one of her videos, and the fact it was on sale only helped. It applies so smoothly to the skin and it is a wonderful match to my skin colour too. This foundation contains vitamin rich fruits such as lychee, goji berries and pomegranate, which probably explains why it smells so good. I am so glad I picked this up now - I had my Mum buying it within the fortnight - it goes on so effortlessly and looks so natural whilst still covering everything I need covered. It doesn't look cakey and it matched my skin really well.
Definitely a big thumbs up from me!

Priceline $14.95
This is another new addition and I am loving it.
I had heard such great reviews on this product and when I came across in my local Priceline I had to pick it up. I went for a shade a little lighter than my foundation and I use this for under my eyes to brighten them up as well as in all the usual highlighting spots and it works great as an eyelid primer.
It comes with a doe foot applicator - which I am a fan of - allowing for super easy application and I find it blends quite well. I do find that depending on what foundation I am using this can look really light, but I just take my foundation brush and buff it in to ensure there are no noticeable lines and everything looks seamless.
This is definitely my everyday concealer and I will be repurchasing this baby.

Essence Eyebrow Designer Pencil - 04 Blonde
Priceline $2.50
I have had this product for a while and to start with I just couldn't get it to work for me, my brows just looked fake, so I put it to one side. I picked it up again one day and it was fantastic. I don't like my brows looking dark or fake and I find this colour just suits me well - after some practice -.
I find the colour looks fairly natural on me and the fact that the lid comes with a mini brush is an added bonus. It's an eyebrow all stop shop and for the price how can you possibly go wrong?

NYX Love in Paris Eyeshadow Palette - Madeleines & Macaroons 
Target $16.95
This is a beautiful everyday neutral palette with cool and warm tones. It contains three shimmer and six matte shadows, making it super easy to create an everyday look with ease. I have found myself reaching for this palette continuously over the month of November.
LOVE IT!!
 I find that some shades are not as pigmented as others but they are such wonderful and versatile shades. You have the option of som many colour combinations with this super cute palette.

Sleek i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette - 601 Au Naturel
Sleek MakeUP $9.99
Top Row: Nougat, Nubuck, Cappuccino, Honeycomb, Toast, Taupe
Bottom Row: Conker, Moss, Bark, Mineral Earth, Regal, Noir
This palette has definitely been a go to for me during November. I found myself reaching for it near enough daily. I forgot all about this palette if I'm honest but I am so glad I have re-discovered it :). The colours are so pigmented and a little does go a long way. The Sleek palettes are fairly affordable at only $9.99 (not including shipping) for 12 shadows. This is just such a beautiful everyday neutral palette that you can create a day look as well as a night look. It sleekness and slimness makes it great for travelling, whilst still allowing you the option of numerous looks.

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow - 05 Too Cool & 25 Bad to the Bronze 
Priceline $11.95
Left: 05 Too Cool
Right: 25 Bad to the Bronze
Too Cool has such a beautiful shimmer when the light catches it and I love to apply it to the inner tear duct and under my brows as a beautiful, subtle highlight. This shade also works well as an eyeshadow base, it helps make the colour really pop.
Bad to the Bronze is another wonderful colour. It is a deep, dark bronze and is so adaptable allowing you to wear it everyday. I like to use this as an all over lid colour as well as a colour to add dimension and depth to my outer v area.
I love these products. I currently only own three, but I don't half put them through the ringer. I use these as an eyeshadow colour, but they make wonderful primers to pop shadow on top. They have a beautiful consistency and I just apply them with my ring finger. Too Cool has such a beautiful shimmer when the light catches it and I love to apply it to the inner tear duct and under my brows as a beautiful, subtle highlight as well as under my eyeshadow to help make the colour pop.

Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lip Liner - 30 Mauve
Discontinued
One of my bad habits with my makeup is not applying a lip liner and this month I really tried to get into the habit of using a liner and I am really proud of myself. Every time I popped on lippie this month there was most definitely a lip liner on under it.
It is a beautiful mauve colour, however I don't find it applies a smoothly as some of my other liners and it is not as moisturising as some others I own. I just love the colour.

Ulta 3 Lipstick - 002 Vintage Rose
Friendlies Chemist $2.95
 

This was actually a gift from my Gran and it is not a colour I would have picked out for myself, so when applying it for the first time I wasn't too sure. After I applied it to my lips I immediately fell in love with it and I have reached for it numerous times over the course of the month.
 It is in such sleek packaging for a $2.95 lipstick and I like that you can see the colour from the bottom. Definitely doesn't look like a "budget lipstick"!!
It is definitely a your lips but better colour.
I like that it doesn't feel drying on the lips, it is definitely not the most moisturising lipstick I own but I absolutely love it.

NYX Butter Glosses - Various Colours
Target $9.95
Left to Right: Strawberry Parfait, Eclair, Peaches and Cream, Apple Strudel, Cherry Pie 
As I saw it these bad boys I had to have them (and possibly a few other goodies, post here), and I'm so glad I did. I currently own five and my mission is to grab the remaining colours. I love them all so much. I can't actually pick my favourite.
They apply so effortlessly with a doe foot applicator and they smell absolutely incredible. What I love about them is that they don't leave any stickiness on my lips. I hate lipglosses that make my lips feel almost glued shut, if you're the same I highly, highly recommend checking out these glosses especially at that price. What a steal.

See my Holy Grail Products here.

What were your favourites for the month? Let me know in the comments below - leave links so I can have a peek too -!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook