Essence

Black Diamonds by Sally Hansen & Tropical Heat by Essence | Mani Monday #8

2:35 pm

Hi Petals,


Happy Mani Monday!!

I know it has been a while since my last Mani Monday post but I have been giving my nails a wee break from polish and letting them breathe. I am so sorry this is up late but I could not get it up yesterday :/. I wanted a gold accent nail this week and I have fallen in love with this wee combo.
...


Both these polishes are fairly new purchases for myself and they are both colours I have been searching for, for the longest time. Both polishes are quite sheer and you most definitely need two coats to have a well put together look.


Sally Hansen's Black Diamonds is a beautiful black polish with a lovely shimmer, very true to the colour in the bottle. I love my dark polishes and I have never found a shimmery black I have liked that didn't feel chunky - like glitter nail polishes - or didn't dry up really quickly? Do you find this with your black polishes?


Essence's Tropical Heat is also very true to the colour you see in the bottle and is a lovely gold colour with a shimmer also. I have found that some of my other Essence polishes chip super quickly so we will have to see how this one fairs up. 


To achieve the above look I applied;
1 coat of Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Base Coat (another new purchase - I love how thick the formula of this polish is -).
2 coats of Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color in 480 Black Diamonds on every finger with the exception on my accent nail.
2 coats of Essence's 02 Tropical Heat on my accent nail
1 coat of my The Face Shop Top Coat

Products used
Sally Hansen Cuticle Eraser & Balm
Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Base Coat
Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color in 480 Black Diamonds
Essence's 02 Tropical Heat from the Ticket to Paradise Collection
The Face Shop Top Coat

What recommendations do you have for a good quality black nail polish? Let me know below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook