Hair

GET LONG LUSCIOUS LOCKS | TIP TUESDAY #12

10:10 am

Hi My Lovelies,

As some of you may know I am getting married in October, and in a bid to make my hair healthy and strong I have refused to dye my hair in over a year. In an effort to have my hair the healthiest it can be for my big day I am trying out a few remedies to aid in strengthening and lengthening my hair.

I am currently blessed with long hair, but it is no where near as healthy as I would like. For as long as I can remember haircuts have always been a big deal for me. The thought of having someone cut my hair makes me anxious so I avoid it, which is super bad for your hair to start with. So in order to make me feel more comfortable getting my hair cut I am going to try out some tips I have picked up whilst maintaining regular trips to the hairdresser.

I have listed and explained a few remedies I have come across and looked into.


Source

1 - Massage Your Scalp
          Apply an oil of your choice - I love coconut oil - to your sc, warmed oil is preferable. Then use you fingertips to massage your scalp in circular motions for between three and five minutes. Allow the oil to sit for between 30 and 45 minutes before shampooing the oil out of your hair. A great oil combination is castor oil mixed with coconut oil. This oil combination is fantastic as castor oil is high in omega-3 fatty acids (which will be discussed below) and coconut oil is just incredible for everything (see my Beauty Uses for Coconut Oil post here).



Source

2 - Maintain a Balanced, Healthy Diet
          Hair is comprised mainly of keratin, which is a protein consisting of amino-acids. In order for our bodies to grow more hair we must first produce these amino-acids. To do this we need to maintain a diet rich in protein and vital vitamins.
          Try to eat foods high in vitamin a,b,c and e, iron, zinc, copper, magnesium and selenium. A vitamin b complex is also great for enabling your locks to grow faster. Try to ensure you are eating foods like; salmon, spinach, broccoli, oats, fresh fruit and vegetable juices to nourish your scalp and hair. Foods high in omega-3 fatty acids are fantastic for hair growth as approximately 3% of your hair shaft is comprised of omega-3 fatty acids, hence why castor oil is fantastic for your scalp massage.
          I have previously posted regarding the foods that are most beneficial to hair growth (find post here).

3 - Flip Your Hair
          Flipping your hair upside down is believed to aid your circulation therefore naturally helping your hair to grow faster. So for two to four minutes a day, try flipping your hair upside down and help your hair grow naturally.


Lady Jane 100% Boar Bristle Brush  ($15.69)

4 - Brush, Brush, Brush!

          This is a staple for me in my hair care routine. Brush your hair twice a day for anywhere between 1-2 minutes (people say to brush your hair for a minimum of 100 brushes). Opt for a 100% boar bristle brush, they can be a bit pricier but they are definitely worth the investment. They will last for years and years. There are cheaper boar brushes out there, such as the one above that I use and I love mine. Brushing for 1-2 minutes helps hair grow by stimulating circulation and a boar bristle brush disperses the natural oil that your hair produces throughout the hair.


Source
5 - Your Hair Needs it's Beauty Sleep Too
          Sleeping is another time when you can be kind to your hair. Try not sleep with your hair in a tight pony-tail or a tight braid, this can cause your hair to snap whilst sleeping. Instead opt for a loose hairstyle and try sleeping on a silk pillowcase. Silk pillowcases cause less friction and rubbing on the hair shaft and as an added bonus, silk pillowcases help with the prevention of wrinkles. So essentially you're killing two birds with one stone.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook