Batiste

BATISTE DRY SHAMPOO DARK HAIR | THOUGHTS FOR THURSDAY

10:00 am

Hi My Loves,

Today I wanted to share another Holy Grail product with you, and that is my Batiste Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair. This little guy is definitely no stranger to the beauty world or the online world for that matter. He has received tonnes of hype over the years and with good reason. 

I had tried the Batiste Original Dry Shampoo prior to this and I hadn't been entirely thrilled. I found it left a white cast on my hair and made me look like my hair was starting to go grey. Definitely not the look I was aiming for. So when I seen Batiste brought out a dry shampoo for Dark Hair I knew I had to give it a shot. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair
[Source: Priceline]
Batiste Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair comes in a 200ml aerosol can, I love hair products that come in aerosols. They make it so easy to get right into the roots and it is a product that is super easy to use and is a no fuss way to disperse product through the hair. You can currently get the Batiste Blush and Batiste Original Dry Shampoos in a 50ml size aerosol from Chemist Warehouse, which is perfect for travel, but I have yet to see the Dark Hair in a 50ml size.

With this product being in an aerosol can it makes for really easy and fast application, definitely a bonus there. Just make sure you give the can a good shake, hold it about 30cm away from your roots and spray away until your wee heart is content. I like to put mine in at night before jumping into bed. This is a great way of allowing the product to soak up any extra oils from the hair while you sleep so you wake up feeling a tad more refreshed. If I am applying this in the morning I like to spray it in the areas I need freshening up and let it sit for about 10-15mins before thoroughly rubbing it into the roots and brushing it through with my brush. I like to use my boar bristle brush, I find that boar bristle brushes disperse the product through the hair better and you don't have to be as harsh rubbing it in, which is better for your hair in the long run.

I find most dry shampoos leave a sort of gritty feel to my hair, which I don't particularly like, and trust me I have tried a fair few. Thankfully with the Batiste Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair I don't find it leaves any gritty feeling. After applying this product I don't even feel like there is anything in my hair, it doesn't feel heavy and it doesn't feel like I have applied anything.

What I love so much about this product is that the actual spray comes our the can a brown colour rather than white. Perfect for all my fellow brunettes, who, have for years struggled with the issue of dry shampoos and that nasty white cast they like to leave behind. I find myself reaching for this if I feel my hair is flat to give it a bit of body and some extra texture. Especially if I want to backcomb, it just gives it a bit more oomph and the hair holds better after styling.

I pick mine up from Priceline for $12.95, so it definitely won't break the bank, a price I don't mind paying for something I use so often.

This bad boy is definitely a Holy Grail product for me. I always have one on the go and another 1 or 2 stashed in the cupboard as back ups. I have been using this product since I was about 15, I have repurchased it countless times and will continue to repurchase it. 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook