Cake

LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE | FOODIE FRIDAY

10:00 am

Hi My Loves,

I love watching YouTube videos for baking and meal recipes lately and I stumbled across this recipe from the lovely Tanya Burr & Zoe Sugg - a.k.a Zoella - and it just looked so amazing. I will have all of the girl's social media and where to find them at the bottom of this post, so make sure to check it out.

I love lemon and anything citrusy so this definitely appealed to my tastebuds so I thought I would give it a go.

Lemon Drizzle Cake:


Lemon Drizzle Cake

Cake Ingredients:
3 eggs
170g self raising flour
270g caster sugar
170g butter 
1tsp baking powder
Zest of 2 lemons

Drizzle Ingredients:

Juice of 2 lemons
110g icing sugar

Method:

Cake
Preheat your oven to 180oC.
Cut your butter into small cubes, this will make mixing much easier.
Mix all of your cage ingredients together in an electric mixer until smooth. Ensure you do not over mix as this can cause your cake to fall. 
After your mix is of a smooth consistency pop it in a greased/baking paper lined loaf pan and bake for 30-45mins.
After your cake has cooked poke holes all over it with a skewer.

Method:

Drizzle
Combine your icing sugar and lemon juice - this should be a runny consistency - and mix until there are no lumps.
drizzle your sauce over your cake and enjoy!


You can watch Tanya and Zoe's video where they make this cake here.
Find Tanya here - YouTubeFacebookTwitter & Instagram
Find Zoe here - YouTubeFacebookTwitter & Instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook