DIY

DIY at Home Manicure | Tip Tuesday #10

4:00 pm

Hi My Loves,

Happy Belated New Year Everyone!!!

Just quickly, before I jump right into this post, I would like to apologise for being MIA for so long. After the Christmas period I got sick and it just would not go!! Every time I thought I was getting over it, it would rear it's head again. So I truly apologise, but I am back now for regular blogging - YAY -!!!

I have really missed sitting down writing to you guys so I am super happy to be back!!

So for todays Tip Tuesday I thought I would talk about manicures. They aren't exactly cheap and they require regular visits to the salon for a 'salon quality' mani, but there are ways you can achieve a salon quality mani at home for a fraction of the price.
  1. Remove any previous polish - try and opt for an acetone free polish remover as it is much less damaging on the nail -. Even if you are applying polish to clean nails, run over the nail with polish remover to ensure that your nails are completely clean.
  2. Apply a cuticle remover and allow to sit for a while, or try a cuticle oil and massage it in. Then use a cuticle pusher or a wood stick to push your cuticles back. Ensure to do this softly and avoid pushing the cuticle too far into the nail bed - we don't want any injuries now -.
  3. Wash your hands thoroughly and ensure they are completely dry.
  4. Time to shape those claws ladies. To ensure you are picking the right nail shape for your hand follow the actual line of your nail this also helps your mani look more professional. Glass nail files are a great option, you do not want a super rough file to shape your nails it does not do them any favours. Try not to go back and forth, try and move the file in the same direction all the time. Moving the file back and forth can cause damage to your nails, such as splitting and tearing - not a good look -!
  5. Apply 1 coat of your favourite base coat.
  6. Apply your polish. I start from about 1/4 of the way up my nail and push the polish down towards my cuticle before pulling the brush up and coating my nail. I tend to take 3 strokes starting in the middle and 1 stroke of polish on either side. I then like to finish my polish off by wrapping my nail by running the brush over the tip of my nail - this helps the polish last longer and prevents early chipping -.
  7. Apply a second coat of polish which helps with opacity and fixing any little errors from your first coat.
  8. Clean up your cuticles with some polish remover.
  9. Apply your favourite top coat whilst avoiding the cuticle area and wrap the nail, just like you would with your polish.

Well that is my 9 little steps to an at home salon quality mani! 

What little tips and tricks do you when when pampering your hands? Leave a comment below!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook