Essence

HOLLYWOOD BY ULTA3 & CHINCHILLY BY ESSIE | MANI MONDAY #5

3:00 pm

Hi Petals,

Happy Mani Monday!!
I only enjoy Mondays rolling around as I get apply a fresh colour to my nails. I used to hate painting my nails - I mean with a passion -, but I have grown to love it. I hate my nails bare and that tiny pop of colour can really make my day.

So with the warmer weather approaching I was inspired by the Pantone's Top Ten Colours for Spring/Summer 2014 post and created this look using Ulta3's Hollywood and Essie's Chinchilly ... 
I decided to go with Ulta3 Hollywood (inspired by Pantone's Dazzling Blue), a new purchase for me and I was so excited about trying it for the first time. Paired with Essie Chinchilly  (inspired by Pantone's Paloma) a definite staple and holy grail of mine.
Hollywood is an almost electric look blue, definitely not navy but not too bright either. It is a beautiful dark colour without being a wintery colour but bright enough it can be pulled off in those warmer months. The colour payoff on the nails is true to what is seen in the bottle and I love it.
For my accent nail I popped on an Essie polish in Chinchilly (as seen here).
 The colours you see in the bottle are almost identical to what the colours look like once applied to the nail. Hollywood is a metallic look nail polish and it's dark colour suits me to a T. However it is bright enough to wear all year round.
Chinchilly is a beautiful slate grey with almost purpley undertones and I am so glad to finally have a colour such as this is my collection. I had been searching for the longest time.
 
To achieve the above look I applied;
1 coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener my base coat
2 coats of Ulta3's Hollywood on every nail with the exception of my accent nail
2 coats of Essie's Chinchilly on my accent nail
1 coat of my The Face Shop Top Coat
2 drop of my Essence Nail Art Express dry Drops to quicken the drying process.

Products used
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener (holy grail)
Ulta3 in Hollywood 
Essie in Chinchilly (accent nail) (holy grail)
The Face Shop Top Coat
Essence Nail Art Express Dry Drops

What nail colours will you be wearing our for the upcoming seasons? Let me know in the comments below!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook