Australis

STAY ALL DAY MAKEUP | TIP TUESDAY #8

3:00 pm

Hi Petals,


Now I know I cannot be the only one who feels as though when I get in from a night out my makeup can look splotchy and uneven, not a pretty sight. BUT!! It can be helped. Here are a few tips that will help your makeup last all night!! Tips which I have been living by for a while now and I definitely see a huge difference!!
  1. Exfoliate or wash your face before you apply anything. This will make your makeup application much smoother.
  2. Prime!! This was always a step I would miss - I didn't think I needed it nor did I feel it made a huge difference -. Now if I know I want a flawless face for a while I never scrimp on my primer. I am currently using the E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer ($11.99 at E.L.F.).
  3. Use cream or liquid foundations and ensure to apply them with a brush or a beauty blender. I am totally in love with my E.L.F. Studio Stipple Brush ($5.99 from E.L.F.).
  4. The same applies for bronzer, highlighter and blush. Opt for a cream then finish with a powder. However!! As soon as a powder goes on there is no more creams!! This will only cause your powder to look cakey. Pop on your creams then apply your powders.
  5. Oil-free and mineral products usually last longer on the skin, however make sure you set in with a powder such as the Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder ($11.40 at Priceline) or the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder ($12.95 at Priceline) - 2 of my holy grails -. Ensure to use a water based finishing spray, I like to use me Australis Make-Up Finishing Spritz - with aloe vera and rose water - ($14.94 at Priceline). Keep a small amount of spray on you and spritz when you feel you need a little pick me up.
  6. Use a lip stain for luscious lips and vibrant colour all night. An alternative to this would be to line and fill your lips with a lip liner and then apply your lipstick and blot.
  7. Prime those lids!!! This will help avoid eyeshadow creasing and allow your eyeshadow to last longer. If you do not have a primer try using a cream eyeshadow as a base and pop your eyeshadow on top. The Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadows are fantastic ($11.95 at Priceline).
  8. Liquid eyeliner doesn't budge or smudge the same way a pencil does, so if you are confident using liquid liners opt for them for a longer staying power.
  9. Try opting for waterproof makeup when you need a super long stay. They tend to last much longer.
  10. Pop some blotting paper in you purse to touch up oily areas throughout the night. This will definitely help keep your makeup from moving around your face as the night goes on. Try Swisspers Blot-Off Oil Tissues ($6.29 at Priceline).
What are your tips for keeping your look fresh all night? Leave a comment below!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook