Bioderma

MAKEUP REMOVER 101

5:00 pm

Hiya Everyone,


Welcome to my "101" series. I love to know about new items on the market as well as how to make educated decisions about which products I want to try. One of my Resolutions for this year was to take better care of my skin and with Scott & I hoping to get married next year I want my skin to look it's best. I have done so much research regarding skincare to ensure I am doing the best for my skin.

So to start off this series I will be sharing with you my knowledge about makeup removers, as this is the first step in a good skincare routine. You should ensure to remove your makeup every night before going to bed to ensure your skin can breathe at night and it is not being suffocated under a full face of makeup.

When I look for a makeup remover I am selective and like my makeup removers to do exactly what I want, meaning I want them to:
❤︎ Remove my makeup quickly and effectively without harsh scrubbing. ❤︎
❤︎ Not clog my pores or cause any breakouts. ❤︎
❤︎ Be lightweight and not leave any oily residue on my face. ❤︎ 


Makeup Wipes - These are the lazy girl's best friend. Wipe and go! Great for those late nights where your skincare routine is not even on your mind and you just want to curl up under the covers. Makeup wipes come in different strengths with some containing stronger ingredients. The are pre-soaked in makeup remover and are disposable. These bad boys helps get the majority of your makeup off so you can feel at least a little more refreshed getting into bed.
EXAMPLES:
Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Cleansing Wipes
$6.99
Swisspers Naturals Aloe Skin Perfecting Facial Wipes
$4.99
Micellar or Cleansing Waters - These are my first choice of makeup remover. These makeup removers are a fantastic choice for those of you, like me, suffer with sensitive skin. They are lightweight and do not leave an oily residue on the skin. I find micellar/cleansing waters to do the job fantastically and what is even better you don't have to rinse it off. You literally wipe your makeup off and go. Some micellar/cleansing waters need to be swiped a few times to ensure all your makeup is gone. If you are wearing waterproof mascara or long lasting eyeliner you may want to go in before with eye makeup remover, but who has time for that? Garnier all the way! 
EXAMPLES:

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
$9.99
(read my review here)
Bioderma Crealine H2O Cleanser & Makeup Remover
$29.99


Cleansing Oils - These are fantastic for those of you with dehydrated and thirsty skin. Cleansing oils helps to balance the skin's natural sebum production and rinses to a milky emulsion. These work fantastic with long-lasting and water resistant makeup as the oil aids in the breakdown of any ingredient. Cleansing oils can be gentle but still effective in removing your makeup while leaving your skin feeling cool and clean.
EXAMPLE: 
Sanctuary Youth Boosting Cleansing Oil
$19.99
Oil-Based Makeup Remover - If you want something that will take your makeup off in one swipe then this is your man. Different to cleansing oils, oil-based makeup removers these are frothy and contain water-based ingredients to avoid any nasty oily residues.
EXAMPLE: 
Garnier Clean Sensitive 2in1 Waterproof Makeup Remover
$9.99
 Eye Makeup Remover - Using a separate makeup remover for your eyes may seem pointless but the area around the eyes is super sensitive and very delicate so the less rubbing the better. Due to this area being sensitive this area therefore require a much more delicate formula, contained in eye makeup removers. 
EXAMPLES: 
Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover
$10.89
Models Prefer EYE Remover 
$9.99















It is so important that you remove your makeup every night to avoid clogging your pores, allow your skin to great and prevent irritation, There are numerous types of makeup removers, which can be quite daunting for those of you, like me, who are indecisive or those of you who have never experimented with different types of makeup remover. Hopefully in reading this you will have a greater understanding of what makeup removers are best suited to your everyday requirements. Obviously as with any new facial product test in out on the inside of your wrist to test for any reactions that key occur before plopping a product all over your face.

Well my lovelies I hope you enjoyed reading this, have you tried any of the above products? If so what are your thoughts?. 

What is your favourite makeup remover and why? What products would you recommend? Leave a comment below letting me know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook